New Magknits is Up

Posted on | February 1, 2007 | 10 Comments

The new Magknits is up; and my first published pattern is in it! :)

I made this vest while visiting my in-laws in Italy. The gracious model is my sister-in-law and the setting is the small garden outside of my husband’s family’s home.

My Italian extended in-law family were fascinated by my humble little vest. They were amazed that one small 25 gram ball of Kidsilk Haze costs $14 a skein! Particularly absorbed by my progress were my little nephew, Simone (the model’s son), my husband’s grandmother and his cousin’s grandmother. Here is a picture of his grandmother and his cousin’s grandmother consulting me on the kidsilk haze panels in the v-neck region.

And I just heard from my mother-in-law that Simone (he’s 9) just requested some circular knitting needles and wants to learn how to knit! Just spreading the joy :)

Comments

10 Responses to “New Magknits is Up”

1. Angela
    February 1st, 2007 @ 5:20 pm

Congratulations! The fit of the vest is perfect, and those two colors are lovely together. Contrasting colors would also be beautiful….

2. Zarah
    February 1st, 2007 @ 6:01 pm

Congrats on your first published pattern! I was very impressed with this issue of Magknits, and I didn’t even realize it contained one of your designs!

3. Veronique
    February 1st, 2007 @ 8:36 pm

Yay for the spreading the knitting joy!

4. Sarah
    February 2nd, 2007 @ 8:53 am

Hi Connie

I just came over from MagKnits as I love the pattern you have in this issue. It’s definitely going in the list of projects I would like to make. Congratulations on getting your pattern published.

5. Melissa
    February 2nd, 2007 @ 8:22 pm

congrats connie!

6. kylieps
    February 3rd, 2007 @ 5:08 pm

Hooray! I’m so excited for you Connie. We all checked it out over at the store the day it came out, and we were all impressed too! Looks beautiful and Hickory has jumped in and picked out yarn to make herself one.

7. knittinmom
    February 3rd, 2007 @ 11:19 pm

Yay! I love it! Here’s to many more Connie Originals in the future (can’t wait to get my Knitter’s with you in it)!

8. Jen
    February 4th, 2007 @ 5:28 pm

Hi- I’m planning on doing your pattern (it’s EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for) and was wondering briefly about the fit.

For the bust are you measuring right under the breasts or right accross them? (I’m torn between 32 and 34)

Thanks for the great pattern!

9. Donna
    February 8th, 2007 @ 10:14 am

Hi Connie, congratulations! I’m sure we’ll be seeing your designs all over the place in the future. I hope you took some time to have a glass of champagne and celebrate!

10. Zarah
    February 12th, 2007 @ 10:58 am

I’ve been hearing about the ridiculous amount of snow in upstate NY – are you snowed in?