3rd glove syndrome

Posted on | May 1, 2007 | 7 Comments

I did finish the second glove. And look how good I was, I made the second glove a left glove too so I wouldn’t be tempted to just stop at the second glove and use a mismatched (size-wise) pair.

The second glove is slightly too large, but I prefer a slightly large glove to a slightly small glove. Now, I just need to cast on and knit its mate (easier said than done).

Thoughts on the pattern:

I like the pattern. There’s a definite left and right hand which is nice since our hands aren’t identical. I also like the amount of fair isle in the gloves – just enough to provide visual interest, but not so much as to be overwhelming for a first time fair isler.

Making the glove a second time was instructive. I always have problems with holes in gloves. I find that I need to pick up more stitches than the miserly number patterns usually prescribe. I then reduce the amount of stitches to the right amount on succeeding rounds. Any remaining gaps, I fill in when weaving in ends.

Comments

7 Responses to “3rd glove syndrome”

1. Veronique
    May 1st, 2007 @ 4:44 pm

Did you knit that glove in 3 days?! Wow. It looks so beautiful!

2. Penny
    May 2nd, 2007 @ 6:03 pm

Very nice gloves. The contrast on the cuff gives it a very modern look

3. Iris G
    May 2nd, 2007 @ 10:05 pm

When I knit fine-gauge gloves, the second one is always smaller than the first one for some reason. I use them anyway!
    Very classic gloves, congratulations!

4. The Opinionated Sheep
    May 3rd, 2007 @ 7:23 pm

Connie these are beautiful!! Congrats. now you can make a tam and see how much easier this is on a cir needle! yes,Church of Fair Isla will meet again- last Sat of month, I think. off to Md Sheep and Wool….

5. Kylie
    May 4th, 2007 @ 8:57 pm

I can’t beleive you knit that 2nd glove so fast! They’re beautiful! and you never know, maybe that third one will be juuuust right.

6. EDNA HART
    May 13th, 2007 @ 3:59 pm

You go Girl! When you are a KNITTER down to your bones there is one thing you know-NEVER EVER GIVE UP. I love the colors you chose for the gloves. Looks like you have been a very busy girl…working on great projects.

7. Calia
    May 13th, 2007 @ 5:01 pm

They are beautiful!!! I love your colour selections!!!